|NET WORTH:||$75 Million|
|Source of Wealth:||DJ, Record Producer, Record Executive, Media Personality, Rapper|
|Born:||November 26, 1975|
|Birth Name:||Khaled Mohamed Khaled|
|Height:||5ft. 7in. (1.69m)|
DJ Khaled is famous for being a record producer, disc jockey, music executive, radio personality, songwriter, and of course a rapper. He was born on November 26 in 1975 and is currently 44 years of age. His net worth in the year 2020 is $75 million. If you want to know more about him and how he amassed his wealth then read on below:
DJ Khaled's beginnings and his love of music
DJ Khaled is a famous American personality. He was once a popular radio host who worked for WEDR. This was a Miami-based radio station which played urban music. Now DJ Khaled Net Worth is $75 million and earns a lot from his endorsement deals as well. He partners with companies like T-Mobile, Apple, Ciroc, and Weight Watchers.
Born in Louisiana, New Orleans; to a couple of Palestinian immigrants, Khaled describes himself without any hesitation as a Muslim. He has a brother called Alec Ledd who goes by the stage name Alaa Khaled. His love of music didn’t come out of anywhere. After all, his parents played their Arabic music too. As a young and impressionable boy, he loved the music his parents played and his parents encouraged his music too. He began his little footsteps into the music industry by working in a record store that was near his area.
The start of his music career
You might have figured out from his name that Khaled first came onto the music circuit as a DJ. It was the 1990s when he got noticed while working for the hip-hop Miami radio-station called 99 Jamz. It was this job which led the Terror Squad group to hire him as their own DJ. This was the bumper start that his career needed.
Once he had some credits by working with the group Terror Squad, he went on to curate albums. Then he released his very first studio album called 'Listennn...the Album" in 2006. After releasing this, he never once looked back. Know that in 2007, he next released his second album called 'We The Best' and then in 2008 he released 'We Global.' In 2008, he got the best 'DJ of the Year' award at the BET Hip-Hop show and the prestigious Ozone award show.
The rise of DJ Khaled
He didn't stop there of course. In 2010 he released the next album called 'Victory' and then followed it up with the 2011 album called 'We the Best Forever.' After that in 2012, he made 'Kiss the Ring', and then in 2013 he produced 'Suffering from Success.' After 2013, he didn't make anything in2014. He came back again in 2015 with 'I Changed A Lot' and made 'Major Key" album right after that in 2016.
After 2016, he went on to produce the album 'Grateful' in 2017. Then in2019, he made 'Father of Asahd.' It's expected that Khaled will produce more albums in 2020.
The most famous of DJ Khaled
DJ Khaled has produced a lot of successful songs. One of these is called 'All I Do Is Win' which features Rick Ross, Ludacris, T-Pain, and Snoop Dogg. The song can be found in the 2010 album called 'Victory.' You will find that this single is the album's second song. It has even been certified platinum thrice by RIAA.
The meme DJ Khaled
During the early months of 2016, a Snapchat video collection where Khaled was talking about the entire key to his success was released. There he talked about his larger-than-life attitude which funnily enough made him a meme. Being a meme didn't deter him or his career one bit. Even today, DJ Khaled is very popular and wanted hip-hop music producers. Not to mention the fact that he is a very famous internet personality as well.
Quotes of DJ Khaled
Here are the most famous quotes by DJ Khaled:
● "They kick you when you’re down, but they wanna kick it when you’re up."- He said it at The Ellen Show. The 'they' referred here are the haters who constantly put him down.
● "You can never run out of keys."- This was said in the Jimmy Kimmel show. Khaled dropped some important Snapchat wisdom on the host of the show when he was a guest there. He also elaborated it further by saying that one should spread a lot of positive energy and avoid traps that can bring one down.
● "Don’t ever play yourself."- This is a very important quote by Khaled which a lot of his fans know. The idea is to never kid with yourself. Mainly he says that one should take oneself seriously. He later said that when he was shooting for his album 'Major Key' cover with a live lion, he took this quote very seriously.
● "You gotta water your plants. Nobody can water them for you."-At one glance his quote is not very inspirational but it's certainly funny. It was said by DJ Khaled at Jimmy Kimmel Live! Show. He said it when he was doing a comedy skit about now failed presidential candidate Jeb Bush. If nothing else, fans will certainly remember to water their plants. But there's a deep truth behind this quote and that is to work hard because if you don't then no one will. As a result, you won't grow as well.
● "Stay focused and secure your bag, because they want you to fail and they don’t want us to win."- Khaled said this in an interview with The Breakfast Club of Power 105.1. This is generally thought to his worth ethic and sums up his whole life's effort and work. The quote means that one should hold onto their success and try their very best to never let it go wasted. He says this because others wanted him to fail and were rooting against him.
Over the years DJ Khaled has been associated with a lot of controversies but at the end of the day, he is a man who has worked hard for his success. He knows what hard work is since he tries to hold on to it. All of his quotes show that he has tasted victory but has also dealt with haters and defeat. His fans will do well to keep their idol's quotes close to their heart.
Project Hatch Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.